Aug 25, 2009

Basics

Thanks to my parents, I am very conscious about the food I put in my stomach as well as the stuff I slather on my skin. I always try to use products that are more natural. I tend to lean towards products that are plant/fruit-based.

I wouldn't say I have tried everything under the sun when it comes to the basic skincare products - cleanser, toner and moisturizer, but I think I have tried enough to know what works on my skin.

Currently, I am using the botanically-based, preservative-free Boscia skincare line. This is one of the natural skincare line that is not only gentle, but also works. Here is the list of products that I am using or have used:

Clear Complexion Cleanser with Botanical Blast

I like this cleanser a lot. It has a gel-like texture and it foams up really well, which I like. It leaves my skin really clean without over-drying. I don't usually wear heavy makeup so the cleanser removes makeup very well, for me at least.

Clear Complexion Tonic with Botanical Blast

This toner features a mist spray and I am not a big fan. I feel like I waste a lot of products with my accidental sprays everywhere but my face. Other than that, the product is just okay.

Vital Daily Moisture SPF 15

Oil-free Daily Hydration SPF 15

Of the two day moisturizers I have tried, I definitely prefer the Oil-free Daily Hydration SPF 15. I have oily skin so the Rice Bran Oil in the Vital Daily Moisture SPF 15 only makes it worse. The Oil-free Daily Hydration SPF 15 is not very heavy, which I like, especially for the hot days during summer.

Recharging Night Moisture

I like the night cream very much. It nourishes and leaves me skin really smooth and supple the next morning.

Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment

Even though the eye cream doesn't really do what it claims it will do, I like how it feels on my skin. It's not too greasy and it has a really smooth gel-like texture. I have to say it moisturizes well but other than that, I don't see my dark circles getting better.

Clear Complexion Treatment with Botanical Blast

This so-called treatment doesn't do anything for me at all. I still get pimples. Maybe you'll have better luck with it than me.

Anyways that's all for now.

No comments: